ARF Pre-proposal Application
Pre-proposals are due November 1. Successful applicants will be notified in January and invited to submit a full proposal. The deadline for full proposals is April 1. The earliest funding date is September 1.
Please submit pre-proposal electronically to Patricia Craven at firstname.lastname@example.org.
One signed hard copy should also be sent to
Alan A. Rosenbloom, MD
Black Tulip Farms
824 Poplar Trail
Siler City, NC 27344
- Cover Page: Download cover page.
- Preliminary Data: Summarize any work that you have performed that supports the feasibility of the proposed work.
- Significance: Briefly describe the importance of the proposed study, relevance of the study to ARF's interests and how your approach will provide new information on the problem.
- Experimental Design and Interpretation: Explain what results are expected and how they will be interpreted with respect to the study objectives. For clinical studies, document availability of sufficient case material. Multi-centered investigations may be necessary to provide sufficient case material.
- Materials and Methods: Briefly describe the methods that will be used and provide relevant references to the literature.
- Statistical Analysis: Explain how you determined the number of animals required for each group and how the data will be analyzed.
- Resources Available: Describe equipment and space which are available to support the proposed project.
- Literature Cited
- Budget: A detailed budget should be included. Justify all expenses.
Length of Pre-proposal
The main body of the proposal, Parts 2–9, cannot exceed two (2) single spaced typed 8.5 x 11 inch pages, having one (1) inch margins and using a 10–12 point font. Number all pages sequentially starting with the cover page. One (1) additional page can be used for literature citations.